There are many, many ways to change one’s lifestyle to make it more sustainable, from growing your own food to cooking from scratch to making your own clothes to going completely carbon neutral. Not surprisingly there are just as many different sorts of blogs which roughly fit under the sustainable living umbrella.
Let’s gather as many of those blogs here as we can.
- In the usual Linky List ettiquete, please create a link back to this page – http://sustainablesuburbia.net/sustainable-living-blogs/ – from your blog. Thanks. Feel free to use the button below, or just use a text link. This list will only grow if people link to it! To link to the button, you can just copy and paste this code: <a href="http://sustainablesuburbia.net/sustainable-living-blogs/"><img src="http://sustainablesuburbia.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Linky-List-Button4.jpg" alt="Sustainable Suburbia: Striving for a lower impact lifestyle. Join the Sustainable Living Blogs Linky Lists"></a>
- Once, you’ve done that, choose up to two categories that you fit most comfortably under (one is also fine).
- Type your name (if you like) and blog title into the title field – if you list yourself twice, please use the same title both times.
- I’d also love it if you would mention this list in a post, so we can get as many bloggers represented here as possible. Let me know if you do this and I’ll give you a shout out on the Sustainable Suburbia Facebook page.
I’ve divided the blogs into several groups. It was hard to decide how to do this, and there is certainly a lot of crossover :
- Suburban and Urban Homesteading;
- A Country Plot: Out of Town Homesteaders/Self-Suffciency;
- Parents Living Sustainably;
- Frugal & Low Consumption Living;
- Crafty Hand Made;
- Real/SOLE Food;
- It’s All About The Garden;
- General Slow, Sustainable or Simple Living (just in case those headings have left someone out!).
Let me just say one more time, this is not about ‘being there’ – this is about the journey. So you don’t have to be completely self sufficient, for instance, to put your self in the Self Sufficiency section – you just need to blog about trying to be, or approximating or working-towards-even-if-you’re-never-really-going-to-make-it.