Media & Advertising Policy
- At this time I do not accept paid advertising of any sort.
- At some time in the future I may accept products for review or paid advertising. I will never accept money for links that pass page ranks (ie any links would be rel=”nofollow”) – Advertisers: please don’t bother to ask me.
- If I do ever accept a product for review, the review will be published at my discretion only (in other words, if I don’t like the product I at all, I probably won’t write about it or link to it), and will be my unbiased opinion. And, I’ll tell you on the post that I received the product for free.
Affiliate Links and Endorsements
- I do use occasional affiliate links, mostly to Amazon and Fishpond.com.au. Sometimes I just link to show you what a product might be (eg when I link to a milk thermometer on my how to make yoghurt page). If I am specifically recommending a product I will generally say “this is awesome”, like in a book review. In other words, if it’s an endorsement, you’ll know it.
- I will NEVER endorse a product I haven’t used and loved.
- All links from this site to Amazon automatically go to your local Amazon site and automatically add my affiliate ID.
- If you buy something following my affiliate link, I will get a small commission (usually about 5%). Thank you. 🙂
Obviously, if you subscribe, I will collect your email address and name. My email list provider also collects details like where your IP address is from (state and sometimes city), though this is not always where you actually reside!
I will NEVER share or sell your email address. Nor will I send you spam!
Like many other Web sites, sustainablesuburbia.net makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
DoubleClick DART Cookie
At this time I do not serve google ads (or any other ads). If I were to do so then:
.:: Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to users based on their visit to sustainablesuburbia.net and other sites on the Internet.
- Amazon (intermittently)
Sustainablesuburbia.net has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.